Liposuction is a procedure used in body sculpting that removes stubborn bumps caused by fatty tissue. During the procedure, the cosmetic surgeon makes tiny cuts in the area, inserts a cannula and sucks out the fatty tissue that has been destroyed or melted by forcing a special solution in through the cuts. Here are some things to know about liposuction and tips to dealing with it.
- This cosmetic surgery procedure is very safe.
- Unlike some procedures the results are permanent, but that doesn’t mean you body won’t store fat in another place.
- Compression garments are commonly worn for several weeks after having the procedure to ensure the best result.
- The doctor and nurses show you how to care for the cuts and the site of the liposuction.
- The final look of your sculpting will not be visible for some months. It takes this long for the swelling to subside and your body to return to normal.