Dating & Relationships
A blog about dating, meeting people, being social & secure, relationships, life, and everything in between – Welcome to the Slinky Blog.
Ten Other Ways To Say “I Love You”
Psychology Today just posted this list of “10 Ways To Express Love”. Go on, read their list (bah, flowers, boring!) – then check back for ours, where we think around that extra corner for you!
- #1 – Talk to them on the phone until they go to sleep. Especially comforting in long-distance relationships.
- #2 – Be their ally in a fight. Is somebody giving your sweetheart a bad time? Valiantly come to their rescue by suggesting retaliatory tactics, or just help them do something rotten to get revenge, however petty and symbolic.
- #3 – Surprise them by doing a chore for them. Just pop up all helpful with getting their car washed, organizing their albums, or mowing the lawn. Wow! Just be sure it’s something they wanted to do themselves, but didn’t have the time.
- #4 – Take note of their favorite music. When an album is coming up by their favorite band, buy it for them as soon as it’s released.
- #5 – Take them to the park on a nice day. You remember, that big place called “outside” we used to go to before we all became computer critters?
- #6 – Tell three funny jokes. Make it your opening line as soon as you see them. Make them short and punchy. See, they met with you and instantly felt better!
- #7 – Try to listen more than you talk. Pick a time when they need to vent, then just let them ramble until they’re empty. If they can still answer when you prompt for more, it’s not off their chest yet.
- #8 – Be nice to their pets. It’s hard not to like somebody when your cat is contentedly purring on their lap.
- #9 – Have an adventure together. Have it be a little “edgy” but not too dangerous.
- #10 – Tell them, in great detail, exactly why you love them and what you love about them. Why do we forget to do this?
Try one of Australia’s best “online dating sites” today.